Customer Information Manager (CIM)
The Authorize.Net Customer Information Manager (CIM) is an OPTIONAL service that allows merchants to store sensitive payment information on Authorize.Net’s secure servers, simplifying payments for returning shoppers and recurring transactions. It can also help merchants comply with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard, since customer data is no longer stored locally.
CIM is an ideal tool for businesses that need to securely save customer data and provide convenience for their customers.
- Process Recurring Transactions – Bill customers different amounts or on different days each month. (e.g. utility companies).
- Process Usage Charges – Bill customers only when the service is used. (e.g. pay-as-you-go cell phones).
- Simplify PCI Compliance – Merchants are concerned with PCI compliance and protecting their customers’ confidential information.
- Store Customer Data – Merchants want to provide returning customers with the convenience of not having to re-enter personal data every time they visit the merchant’s Web site.
- Provide Payment Flexibility – Customers can store multiple payment methods for repeat purchases.
- Save Multiple Shipping Locations – Customers can also save multiple shipping locations.
Merchant Web sites integrate to CIM via an Application Programming Interface (API). Through the API, they can create, view, update and delete customer profiles that include billing, payment and shipping information. When a transaction is processed using the API, a customer profile is created and stored on our secure servers. The merchant receives a Customer Reference ID for that particular customer profile. From then on, they need only submit the Customer Reference ID in place of all customer information, including billing, payment and shipping information.
|One Time Set-Up Fee: WAIVED|
|Unlimited Transactions||$20.00 per month|